Storm Damage Inspections
Even if you have no reason to suspect that damage occurred, check your home and its surroundings (once it’s safe to do so, of course). It’s important to identify problems, make emergency repairs and determine if an insurance claim is necessary.
SERVPRO of Lufkin/S. Nacogdoches County provides this list of Storm Problems areas.
Your roof might be the area of your home most vulnerable to damage in a storm, because so many things can impact it. Whether you’ve had high winds and downed tree branches or just a simple hailstorm, look for these indicators of damage:
- Holes in the roof
- Missing Shingles
- Leaks in your roof or ceiling
- Split seams
While siding, stucco and brick all are durable, they also are susceptible to storm damage. In some instances, homeowners don’t notice until it’s too late to file a claim, so check carefully for:
- Cracking, chipping or dings and dents on siding. Even if there doesn’t appear to be damage at first, check again at a different time of day. You may see something you missed when the lighting is different.
- Holes in stucco. This is a serious problem, even when small, so look closely. If you find holes, have a professional conduct a full property inspection.
- Damaged brick and tuck pointing. While brick typically holds up well, a check can identify any problem areas.
- Detached or damaged trim, gutters, etc.
Storm and flood damage require specialized restoration techniques and equipment. When a storm hits your Lufkin home, you need the company with storm damage experience and expertise. SERVPRO of Lufkin/S. Nacogdoches County can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
Do You Have Flood or Storm Damage? Call Us Today (936) 637-0404