Christmas Season Safety Measures
The Christmas season is in full swing. During this time each year, the traditional Christmas tree fills the family room surrounded by presents. BE CAREFUL - Christmas tree fires are infrequent, but they can happen. Listed below are a few good measures that will help ensure your home’s safety:
• Make sure you pick a healthy tree; trees with brown needles indicate dryness.
• Make sure your tree is placed in a sturdy stand to prevent it from falling over.
• Make sure your stand has an adequate basin for water.
• Make sure to check and water your tree daily.
• Check your lights to make sure they are fire resistant and supported by a national testing organization.
• Keep your trees a safe distance from any heat source.
• Make sure that the lights and any extension cords used are in good working condition; look for and replace damaged wires.
• Check all the bulbs to make sure they are working properly.
• Make sure you have adequate smoke alarms in the area and they are working properly.
The SERVPRO of Lufkin/ S. Nacogdoches County team wants to ensure that everyone has a safe and joyous season. In the unlikely event that a fire were to occur, know that SERVPRO of Lufkin/ S. Nacogdoches County is ready to assist 24/7 by calling 936- 559-0404.