After Holiday Cleanup
Cleaning up after the holidays can be a lot of work, but it’s necessary work. You want to start your new year with a fresh clean house, and not a house full of messes caused by the holidays. Here are some suggested things to do to help clean up.
Clean Up After Guests:
- Give all the surfaces in your home a nice deep clean
- Wash all the linens
- Vacuum all your carpet (you could even call SERVPRO of Lufkin/ S. Nacogdoches County to clean your carpets!)
- Mop your floors
- Clean out your refrigerator. Once you’re done with the last of your leftovers, then clean and store your leftover containers.
If you have a natural Christmas tree, here are some tips on how to get tree sap spots out of of your home:
- If you get sap on your clothes, knit gloves or rugs, put some rubbing alcohol on the area and run it through the laundry with warm water. Repeat again if it all doesn’t come out.
Clean and Store Decorations:
- Make sure you have enough tote boxes, and appropriate boxes for all of your decorations.
- Throw out any broken lights or decorations. No sense of keeping broken stuff, it will help declutter things. (Unless the item is sentimental, of course.)
- If you have decorations for certain rooms in your home, make sure you label your boxes for what room they belong in. This will make decoration setup go much more smoothly next year.