After Holiday Cleanup
Cleaning up after the holidays can be a lot of work, but it’s necessary work. You want to start your new year with a fresh clean house, and not a house full of messes caused by the holidays. Here are some suggested things to do to help clean up.
Clean Up After Guests:
- Give all the surfaces in your home a nice deep clean
- Wash all the linens
- Vacuum all your carpet (you could even call SERVPRO of Lufkin/ S. Nacogdoches County to clean your carpets!)
- Mop your floors
- Clean out your refrigerator. Once you’re done with the last of your leftovers, then clean and store your leftover containers.
If you have a natural Christmas tree, here are some tips on how to get tree sap spots out of of your home:
- If you get sap on your clothes, knit gloves or rugs, put some rubbing alcohol on the area and run it through the laundry with warm water. Repeat again if it all doesn’t come out.
Clean and Store Decorations:
- Make sure you have enough tote boxes, and appropriate boxes for all of your decorations.
- Throw out any broken lights or decorations. No sense of keeping broken stuff, it will help declutter things. (Unless the item is sentimental, of course.)
- If you have decorations for certain rooms in your home, make sure you label your boxes for what room they belong in. This will make decoration setup go much more smoothly next year.
Summer Office Declutter Check List
Clean desks lead to more productivity, more productivity leads to raises, raises lead to island vacations!
Put Some Clean In Your Summer
Tips and tricks to help declutter your office.
Divide Your Workplace Into Zones: Determine how you want and need to use the space and set up zones for your daily functions. You may require a workspace for your computer, a library area for your research, a storage area for supplies and a filing area for your archives. This will provide a foundation for a more efficient use of space.
Keep Only What You Need At Arm's Length: Boxes of pens, stacks of papers and old coffee cups need to go. Rid your desk of visual clutter by paring down the items on top to the essentials only. Supplies, paperwork and personal items should be kept in the zones you've established for them.
Create A Daily Paper System: Consider creating hanging files or baskets labeled "To Read", "To Do", and "To File". Establish set days for each, so that you don't get behind or feel the overwhelming need to do everything at once.
Sort Your Catch-All Drawer: Use drawer dividers to give everything a place, like compartments for paperclips and rubber bands. Go through the drawer every six weeks and clear out anything that is out of place or isn't being used.
Eliminate Digital Clutter: Digital clutter can be just as stressful as physical clutter. Organize digital files and your e-mail inbox just as you would paper files - with a system of logical and clearly labeled folders. Also, keep the icons on your desktop to a bare minimum, and trade in sticky notes on your monitor for calendar reminders.
Disinfect Regularly: Prevent the buildup of dust, dirt, food stains and fingerprints. Wipe down your desk, phone, keyboard and monitor once a week with disinfecting wipes.
Residential Spring Cleaning
Residential spring cleaning for this home owner includes removing year’s of nicotine buildup on ceilings and walls.
Ceilings and Walls
Ceiling and wall cleaning should be part of the cleaning maintenance of your home or business. You should also clean walls before painting so that the primer and paint can adhere properly. Whether you are preparing to paint or just looking for professional cleaning, SERVPRO of Lufkin/S. Nacogdoches County can help.
Ceilings and walls are exposed to dirt and dust, pet dander, cooking oils and grease, cigarette smoke, and other contaminants. Your heating and air conditioning system can distribute these contaminants throughout your property.
Using SERVPRO’s time-tested and industry-approved steps, along with our proprietary cleaning products and methods, we strive to restore your ceilings and walls without the need to repaint or refinish and to help the entire property smell fresh.
Need Professional Cleaning? Call Today 936-559-0404 in Nacogdoches and 936-637-0404 in Lufkin